Custom Search

About Us

Heirloom Piano Co. has been in business for just over 10 years. We specialize in open-grain wood finishes. If you have an heirloom piano that you have inherited or just like the look of an old piano, we can certainly be of help. Check out our website for more details. We also provide tuning, moving, repair and rebuilding services. Please call us at 801-949-1618 with any piano related questions. I consider it an honor to help and work in the music industry. Thank you for your time!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holiday Break and the Economy

I have returned from a much needed break from the piano biz. I will be working feverishly to finish up the pianos I am currently working on. I apologize for the delay.

With the economy in its current condition, the piano business (not just mine but the entire industry) has been hit pretty hard. We, as technicians are aware that pianos are a luxury item. However, I would encourage you to not let the music cease. Support your local music stores in any way that you can. With the severe drop off of piano sales, music stores are struggling. The last thing we need is for them to go under (even the ones I don't like) because without them, it becomes very difficult to teach music. Please make any purchase of anything musical from them, not walmart, not Amazon, not eBay. It isn't worth the savings. If the stores fail, then it will be a lot more difficult for your budding students to find a place to experience a true concert quality instrument.


Lastly, as I mentioned, Heirloom Piano has not been unaffected by the economic strains. If any of you have any referrals to pass along, they would be greatly appreciated. For nearly 5 years I have enjoyed a 3 to 6 month cushion on scheduling. This has waned to 2 or 3 pianos left and if substantial leads are nowhere to be found, I will be forced to look for another profession. I have also started refinishing furniture for informational purposes. Thank you, everyone, for your patronage and support.

No comments: